Birthday Party Ministry
$25 Children's Birthday
At Winterfield United Methodist Church, we believe every child should have the opportunity to be celebrated on his or her birthday. We recognize the growing expenses related to holding birthday parties, especially with regard to finding a venue, so we would like to help by waiving our usual facility rental fees and charging only a $25 fee for utilities. See below for the details.
Any child through age twelve may have a "$25 Birthday Party" at Winterfield United Methodist Church in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The party must be for a child who will be up to a maximum of twelve years old on the birthday being celebrated.
- It is not necessary for the child, parent, or guardian to be a member or active participant at Winterfield United Methodist Church. There is also no need for a sponsor who is a member of the church. We are happy to use the resources of our church to serve the needs of our community.
- A parent or guardian must contact the church office directly to inquire as to calendar availability. At that time, a 48-hour hold can be placed on the space.
- Within 48 hours of placing a hold on the space, the church must receive the $25 utility fee as well as a signed copy of the Birthday Party Agreement and Liability Release Form.
- All parties will be held in The Anchor, our family life center and contemporary worship space.
- The primary activities of the party are to take place in the large central room of The Anchor. However, the party organizers will also have access to the foyer for entering and greeting, the kitchen for staging food to be served, and restroom facilities. If you wish to have outdoor events, they may take place in the grassy lawn behind The Anchor as well.
- Use of the facilities includes use of serving tables, party tables, and chairs.
- A church volunteer, trained on use of The Anchor's facilities and equipment, will be present at all times during the party. Please do not attempt to adjust the climate control system, utilize the kitchen equipment, or move furniture without consulting the supervising volunteer.
- Unless special arrangements have been made, the sound system, lighting systems (other than simple overhead lights), and stage area are not included in the party. Our sound and lighting systems require trained and certified individuals to operate them, and the stage area will be set behind the curtain for worship on the following Sunday.